This simple creamy sauce makes mushrooms sensationally savoury.
- 500g dried pappardelle pasta
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 x 250g packs sliced mushrooms
- 1 large red pepper, deseesed and diced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100g quark, whisked
- 1 tbsp Italian herb seasoning (or use 1 tsp each of oregano, basil and majoram)
- 150ml boiling vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Small handful of chopped fresh tarragon
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and then drain and tip into a wide serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and fry the mushrooms over a high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the red pepper and fry for 2 minutes, then add the chopped tomatoes, quark, dried herbs, stock and tomato purée. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, then turn down the heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Stir the mushroom sauce into the pasta, season and toss to mix well. Scatter over the tarragon and serve in warmed bowls with a salad or vegetables of your choice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group