This simple creamy sauce makes mushrooms sensationally savoury.
- 500g dried pappardelle pasta
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 x 250g packs sliced mushrooms
- 1 large red pepper, deseesed and diced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100g quark, whisked
- 1 tbsp Italian herb seasoning (or use 1 tsp each of oregano, basil and majoram)
- 150ml boiling vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Small handful of chopped fresh tarragon
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and then drain and tip into a wide serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and fry the mushrooms over a high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the red pepper and fry for 2 minutes, then add the chopped tomatoes, quark, dried herbs, stock and tomato purée. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, then turn down the heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Stir the mushroom sauce into the pasta, season and toss to mix well. Scatter over the tarragon and serve in warmed bowls with a salad or vegetables of your choice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.