Sweet tomatoes blended with garlic, sumptuous Greek yogurt and a hint of basil
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 3 tbsp fat-free natural Greek yogurt
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sweetener (optional)
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes, adding a little water if needed.
- Stir in the garlic, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, oregano, stock cube, vinegar and 150ml boiling water.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally, adding the basil 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt, seasoning and sweetener, if using. Enjoy!
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.