Sweet tomatoes blended with garlic, sumptuous Greek yogurt and a hint of basil
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 3 tbsp fat-free natural Greek yogurt
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sweetener (optional)
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes, adding a little water if needed.
- Stir in the garlic, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, oregano, stock cube, vinegar and 150ml boiling water.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally, adding the basil 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt, seasoning and sweetener, if using. Enjoy!
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.