A crispy coating of breadcrumbs infused with lemon and garlic takes cod to another level.
- 4 thick cod fillets, skinned
- 60g wholemeal bread, crumbed
- Finely grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- Small handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
For the judías verdes
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 300g green beans, trimmed
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and roughly chopped
- First make the judías verdes. Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil, add the vinegar and green beans, then bring back to the boil and cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain, refresh the beans in cold water and drain again. Pat the beans dry with kitchen paper.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the red onion and green beans and fry for 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic and fry for 1 minute. Season to taste, cover the pan and reduce the heat to very low. Cook for 5-6 minutes then remove from the heat and stir in the tomatoes. Set aside and keep warm
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Season the cod on both sides and lay on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking parchment.
- Put the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, parsley, chives and garlic in a bowl and season to taste. Mix together well, then press a quarter of the crumbs onto each fillet in a thick, even layer. Lightly spray with low-calorie cooking spray and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is crisp and lightly golden and the fish is cooked through. Lift onto warm plates and serve with the judías verdes and your favourite Slimming World potatoes.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.