A crispy coating of breadcrumbs infused with lemon and garlic takes cod to another level.
- 4 thick cod fillets, skinned
- 60g wholemeal bread, crumbed
- Finely grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- Small handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
For the judías verdes
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 300g green beans, trimmed
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and roughly chopped
- First make the judías verdes. Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil, add the vinegar and green beans, then bring back to the boil and cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain, refresh the beans in cold water and drain again. Pat the beans dry with kitchen paper.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the red onion and green beans and fry for 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic and fry for 1 minute. Season to taste, cover the pan and reduce the heat to very low. Cook for 5-6 minutes then remove from the heat and stir in the tomatoes. Set aside and keep warm
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Season the cod on both sides and lay on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking parchment.
- Put the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, parsley, chives and garlic in a bowl and season to taste. Mix together well, then press a quarter of the crumbs onto each fillet in a thick, even layer. Lightly spray with low-calorie cooking spray and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is crisp and lightly golden and the fish is cooked through. Lift onto warm plates and serve with the judías verdes and your favourite Slimming World potatoes.