A crispy coating of breadcrumbs infused with lemon and garlic takes cod to another level.
- 4 thick cod fillets, skinned
- 60g wholemeal bread, crumbed
- Finely grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
For the judías verdes
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 300g green beans, trimmed
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and roughly chopped
- First make the judías verdes. Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil over a high heat. Add the vinegar and green beans, bring back to the boil and cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain, refresh the beans in cold water and drain again. Pat the beans dry with kitchen paper.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and
place over a medium heat. Add the red onion and green beans and
fry for 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic and fry for 1 more minute.
Season to taste, cover the pan and reduce the heat to very low. Cook
for 5-6 minutes then remove from the heat and stir in the tomatoes.
Set aside and keep warm
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas 7.
- Season the cod on both sides and arrange on a baking tray lined with
non-stick baking parchment.
- Put the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, parsley, chives and garlic into a bowl and season to taste. Mix together well then press the crumbs on to the fillets in a thick, even layer. Spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is crisp and lightly golden and the fish is cooked through. Lift on to warm plates and serve with the judías verdes and your favourite potatoes.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group