This versatile veggie quiche with a twist is perfect for informal entertaining or family dinners.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 4 onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 large courgettes, thinly sliced
- 300g bottle roasted peppers in brine/vinegar, drained and finely chopped
- 12 large eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 160g reduced fat vegetarian Cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4.
- Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and sauté the onions over a medium-low heat for around 15 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer to a wide bowl and set aside.
- Wipe the frying pan with kitchen paper and re-spray with low calorie cooking spray. Place over a medium heat, add the courgette and stir-fry for around 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the heat and add to the onions along with the roasted red peppers.
- Beat the eggs with the garlic, tomato purée, dried herbs and three quarters of the cheese. Season well.
- Lightly spray a round, ceramic deep pie dish (about 30cm across) with low calorie cooking spray.
- Put the onions, courgettes and red peppers in the prepared dish and pour over the egg mixture. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until almost set.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and return to the oven for another 15 minutes or until lightly browned on top and just set.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges.
Tip: Replace the Cheddar cheese with creamy blue cheese for a different flavour.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.