A spicy way to enjoy chicken drumsticks. In fact, the marinade is perfect for all sorts of meats and veggies.
- 8 large chicken drumsticks, skinned
- Lime wedges, to serve
For the marinade
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 6 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce/tamari
- 100g fat free natural yogurt
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Cut 3-4 slashes in the flesh of each chicken drumstick with a sharp knife, then place in a large bowl.
- Mix together all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over the drumsticks and mix well, making sure you get some into the slashes.
- Place the drumsticks in a non-stick roasting tin, cover the tin loosely with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and baste the drumsticks with the juices in the tin. Return to the oven, uncovered, for a further 15 minutes or until sizzling and cooked through (the juices should run clear when the flesh is pierced with a skewer).
- These can be eaten hot or cold. If eating cold, cool, cover and chill until ready to eat. Serve with lime wedges.
Tip: If time permits, marinate the raw drumsticks for 4 hours or preferably overnight to deepen the flavours.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.