A spicy way to enjoy chicken drumsticks. In fact, the marinade is perfect for all sorts of meats and veggies.
- 8 large chicken drumsticks, skinned
- Lime wedges, to serve
For the marinade
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 6 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce/tamari
- 100g fat free natural yogurt
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Cut 3-4 slashes in the flesh of each chicken drumstick with a sharp knife, then place in a large bowl.
- Mix together all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over the drumsticks and mix well, making sure you get some into the slashes.
- Place the drumsticks in a non-stick roasting tin, cover the tin loosely with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and baste the drumsticks with the juices in the tin. Return to the oven, uncovered, for a further 15 minutes or until sizzling and cooked through (the juices should run clear when the flesh is pierced with a skewer).
- These can be eaten hot or cold. If eating cold, cool, cover and chill until ready to eat. Serve with lime wedges.
Tip: If time permits, marinate the raw drumsticks for 4 hours or preferably overnight to deepen the flavours.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group