Spice up your weight loss with this rich and tasty chicken dish. We've teamed it with spicy broccoli and green beans for a perfect Extra Easy SP meal.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp korma curry powder
- 6 tbsp tomato purée
- 200g passata with onions and garlic
- 400ml chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Small handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped, reserving some for garnish
For the spicy broccoli:
- 400g tenderstem broccoli
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 tbsp tandoori curry powder
- 400g green beans
- Spray a saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Stir-fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes, or until soft and starting to colour. Add the chicken and stir-fry for a further 5 minutes, until browned.
- Add the curry powder, tomato purée, passata and stock, season and stir. Bring to the boil, cover tightly and turn down the heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, blanch the broccoli and green beans for 2-3 minutes, drain well and return to the pan. Spray with low-calorie cooking spray and add the curry powder. Preheat a griddle pan over a high heat. Cook the broccoli and green beans on the griddle for 2 minutes.
- Remove the curry from the heat and stir in the coriander. Serve with the broccoli and green beans, sprinkled with the remaining coriander.