Video: Easy chicken curry
This Free chicken curry is quick, simple and a firm family favourite. Whether you like your curry on the mild side, or you like curry with a kick, this quick and easy recipe is delicious.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 large onions, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ green pepper and ½ red pepper, deseeded and chopped in chunks
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, chopped into chunks
- 100g chopped mushrooms
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 225ml chicken stock
- 2 heaped tsp of curry spice (mild, medium or hot - your choice)
- Fat free natural yogurt
- Fresh coriander and fresh green chilli, to serve
- Place the chicken on a plate, season well and set aside.
- Spray a frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, mushrooms and peppers and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes or until starting to lightly brown.
- Stir in the garlic, curry powder and stir-fry over a high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes until sealed, then add the tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, cover tightly, reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer gently for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat, adjust the seasoning to taste and serve garnished with chopped coriander and sliced green chillies. If you enjoy a creamier curry or want to make the curry less hot swirl in some fat free natural yogurt.