This Free chicken curry is quick, simple and a firm family favourite. Whether you like your curry on the mild side, or you like curry with a kick, this quick and easy recipe is delicious.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 large onions, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ green pepper and ½ red pepper, deseeded and chopped in chunks
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, chopped into chunks
- 100g chopped mushrooms
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 225ml chicken stock
- 2 heaped tsp of curry spice (mild, medium or hot - your choice)
- Fat free natural yogurt
- Fresh coriander and fresh green chilli, to serve
- Place the chicken on a plate, season well and set aside.
- Spray a frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, mushrooms and peppers and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes or until starting to lightly brown.
- Stir in the garlic, curry powder and stir-fry over a high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes until sealed, then add the tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, cover tightly, reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer gently for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat, adjust the seasoning to taste and serve garnished with chopped coriander and sliced green chillies. If you enjoy a creamier curry or want to make the curry less hot swirl in some fat free natural yogurt.
Video: Easy chicken curry
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.