Video: Easy chilli con carne
This classic chilli con carne is a quick and easy recipe that's bursting with fiery flavours that the family will love. Find out how to make it with our step by step video.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 green & 1 yellow pepper
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes
- 300ml beef stock
- 400g tin red kidney beans
- Fry the onion and the garlic, add the beef and cook for a few minutes on a high heat.
- Once the beef is browned add the chillies and the spices and turn down the heat. Add the tomatoes, pepper and stock and simmer gently for 15 minutes until the sauce is reduced.
- Add the kidney beans 5 minutes before the end , just to make sure that they are warmed through.
Tip: Top with a swirl of fat free fromage frais and sprinkle with chopped herbs and paprika and serve on top of a large jacket potato or with lots of rice or for an Extra Easy SP day fill at least half of your plate with delicious Speed vegetables, of your choice.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.