This quick-and-easy shepherd's pie is a warming, hearty meal that the whole family will love.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 500g minced lamb
- 1 leek, thinly sliced, white and green sliced kept separate
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200ml beef stock
- ½ tsp dried mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 450g floury potatoes, such as Desiree or King Edward, peeled and cut into chunks
- 450g swede, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable stock
- 200g closed cup mushrooms, sliced
- 200g each of sliced carrots, broccoli florets and frozen peas, steamed, to serve
- Place a medium pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a high heat. Add the mince and white leek and fry for 5 minutes, or until the mince is browned. Stir in the tomatoes, beef stock and mint, then season. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes and swede for 15-20 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and mash with half the egg and enough veg stock to make a soft consistency.
- Add the green leek and the mushrooms to the mince and cook for 3 minutes.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high. Put the mince mixture in a medium ovenproof dish and spoon the mash on top. Rough up with a fork, brush with the remaining egg and grill for 5 minutes, until golden. Serve with steamed veg.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.