This is a really spectacular dish for a family brunch or supper - the peppers add a marvellous colour and flavour to good old egg and chips.
- 1kg Desiree potatoes
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 240ºC/220°C Fan/Gas 9. Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1cm thick, long chips. Place in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes. Drain carefully and spread out on kitchen paper to dry.
- Place the chips in a shallow medium-sized ovenproof dish or four individual gratin dishes. Spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 10 minutes. Mix the pepper slices together and add to the potatoes and continue to bake for another 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove the dish or dishes from the oven and make four wells in the chip mixture. Break an egg into each well and return to the oven for 5-6 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Serve hot, seasoned and sprinkled with chopped parsley.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.