This is a really spectacular dish for a family brunch or supper - the peppers add a marvellous colour and flavour to good old egg and chips.
- 1kg Desiree potatoes
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 240ºC/220°C Fan/Gas 9. Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1cm thick, long chips. Place in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes. Drain carefully and spread out on kitchen paper to dry.
- Place the chips in a shallow medium-sized ovenproof dish or four individual gratin dishes. Spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 10 minutes. Mix the pepper slices together and add to the potatoes and continue to bake for another 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove the dish or dishes from the oven and make four wells in the chip mixture. Break an egg into each well and return to the oven for 5-6 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Serve hot, seasoned and sprinkled with chopped parsley.