We’ve taken a lighter Italian version of ice cream and given it the flavours of a timeless English dessert.
- 300g strawberries, hulled and halved, plus extra to decorate
- Finely grated zest of 1 large lemon and juice of 2
- 3 large eggs*
- 1½ level tbsp sweetener granules
- 250g low-fat custard from a can or carton
- 300g fat-free natural Greek yogurt
- 4 meringue nests, crumbled into small chunks
for the strawberry sauce:
- 300g strawberries, hulled
- 1 level tsp sweetener granules
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Put the strawberries, lemon zest and lemon juice into a food processor and pulse into a coarse purée.
- Separate the eggs into 2 large mixing bowls. Add the sweetener to the yolks and beat with an electric hand whisk for about 4 minutes or until pale and thick. Using clean beaters, whisk the egg whites into soft peaks.
- Gently fold the custard, yogurt and strawberry purée into the egg yolks, followed by the whisked egg whites and crumbled meringue. Spoon the mixture into a 2-litre loaf tin measuring about 25cm x 13cm x 7.5cm. Cover with cling film and freeze until firm – this will take at least 7-8 hours.
- Whizz the strawberry sauce ingredients in a liquidiser or food processor until very smooth. Rub the mixture through a very fine sieve into a bowl, cover and chill until needed.
- If the semifreddo has been frozen overnight, remove from the freezer and leave it to soften slightly at room temperature before serving. Turn out the semifreddo on to a board, cut into 12 equal slices and drizzle with the sauce. Decorate with a few strawberry halves and eat straight away – semifreddo melts faster than ice cream!
Tip: *Current government guidelines advise that pregnant women, the elderly, babies and toddlers have eggs marked with the British Lion stamp if eating them raw or partially cooked.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.