We’ve taken a lighter Italian version of ice cream and given it the flavours of a timeless English dessert to create a Food Optimised show-stopper!
- 300g strawberries, hulled and halved, plus extra to decorate
- Finely grated zest of 1 large lemon and juice of 2
- 3 large eggs*
- 1½ level tbsp sweetener granules
- 250g low-fat custard from a can or carton
- 300g fat-free natural Greek yogurt
- 4 meringue nests, crumbled into small chunks
For the strawberry sauce
- 300g strawberries, hulled
- 1 level tsp sweetener granules
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Put the strawberries, lemon zest and lemon juice into a food processor and pulse into a coarse purée.
- Separate the eggs into 2 large mixing bowls. Add the sweetener to the yolks and beat with an electric hand whisk for about 4 minutes or until pale and thick. Using clean beaters, whisk the egg whites into soft peaks.
- Gently fold the custard, yogurt and strawberry purée into the egg yolks, followed by the whisked egg whites and meringue nests. Spoon the mixture into a 2-litre loaf tin, measuring about 25cm x 13cm x 7.5cm. Cover with cling film and freeze until firm – this will take at least 7-8 hours.
- Blitz the strawberry sauce ingredients in a liquidiser or food processor until very smooth. Rub the mixture through a very fine sieve into a bowl, cover and chill until needed.
- If the semifreddo has been in the freezer overnight, leave it to soften slightly at room temperature before serving. Turn out the semifreddo on to a board, cut into 12 slices and drizzle with the sauce. Decorate with a few strawberry halves and eat fast – semifreddo melts faster than ice cream!
Tip: *Pregnant women, the elderly, babies and toddlers and the already unwell are advised not to eat raw or partially cooked eggs.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.