Video: Fish 'n' chip pie
Give fish pie the wow factor by swapping the mash for a topping of crunchy Slimming World chips!
- low-calorie cooking spray
- 1kg floury potatoes such as Maris Piper, peeled and cut into thick chips
- 450ml boiling vegetable or fish stock
- 250ml skimmed milk
- 450g skinless and boneless cod fillet, cut into large chunks
- 450g skinless and boneless salmon fillet, cut into large chunks
- 2 level tbsp cornflour
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- finely grated zest and juice of ½ unwaxed lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 150g cooked and peeled king or tiger prawns
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6 and spray a non-stick baking tray with low-calorie cooking spray.
- Put the chips in a pan of lightly salted boiling water over a high heat and cook for 5 minutes. Drain well, return to the pan and cover. Leave to cool slightly then shake the pan to roughen the chips’ edges a little. Spread the chips out on the baking tray, spray with a little more low-calorie cooking spray and cook at the top of the oven for 25 minutes or until golden, turning occasionally. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, pour the stock and milk into a saucepan and bring to the boil over a high heat. Add the cod and salmon, cover and reduce the heat to very low. Poach for 10-12 minutes then remove the fish with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate (check for any fine bones). Add a little cold water to the cornflour to make a smooth, thick paste and stir into the milk with the spring onions, lemon zest, lemon juice and dill. Simmer for a few minutes or until thickened slightly, stirring occasionally. Season to taste and stir in the poached fish and the prawns. Simmer for 3-4 minutes to heat through.
- Transfer the fish to a serving dish, level the surface and cover evenly with the chips. Serve hot with Speed vegetables and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.