Saving you stacks of Syns on the fish and chip shop version, this classic is bound to become a Friday night favourite!
- 3 medium slices day-old white bread from a small 400g loaf, torn into pieces
- 800g floury potatoes, such as Desiree or King Edward, peeled and cut into thick chips
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 x 170g skinless and boneless cod fillets
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp beer
- Small handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
- Mushy peas, canned
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Whizz the bread in a food processor until crumbed, then transfer to a plate.
- Boil the chips in lightly salted boiling water for 4-5 minutes, then drain well, return to the pan and cover. Lightly shake to roughen up the chips’ edges, then arrange on one of the baking trays in a single layer. Spray with low calorie cooking spray, season and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, season the cod. In a shallow bowl, beat together the eggs and beer. Dip the fish in the egg mixture, then coat with the breadcrumbs. Transfer to the second baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining fillets and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through and lightly browned
- Sprinkle the parsley over the fish and serve with the chips, plenty of mushy peas, plus lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Video: Fish, Slimming World chips and peas
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group