Our vegetable curry beats a takeaway hands down!
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- 500g cauliflower florets
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 1cm dice
- 100g passata
- 300ml hot vegetable stock
- 400g can black-eyed beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g fresh peas
- 150g baby leaf spinach, roughly chopped
- Cucumber salad and freshly cooked plain basmati rice, to serve
- Place all the ingredients except the peas and spinach in the slow-cooker pot. Season and cover with the lid.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Uncover and stir in the peas and spinach, re-cover and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Serve with the cucumber salad and cooked basmati rice.