This clever twist on the Welsh vegetarian dish shows that sausages don’t need to be meaty to be magnificent! These flavoursome bangers come with a rich tomato sauce and are a treat with creamy mash.
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Large handful of roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 4 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- A splash of Tabasco sauce
- Low calorie cooking spray
For the sauce
- 250g passata with herbs
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- First make the sauce. Put the passata in a small saucepan with the balsamic vinegar and sweetener and season well. Bring to the boil then turn the heat to low, cover and simmer very gently for 4-5 minutes, stirring often. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, pop the beans into a food processor with the onion, parsley, carrots, mixed herbs and Tabasco sauce. Season to taste and pulse to combine. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl, cover and chill for 3-4 hours (this will help the sausages hold their shape when you cook them).
- Divide the bean mixture into 12 equal portions and form each one into a sausage. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Cook the sausages for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp, turning occasionally. (You might need to do this in batches.)
- Serve the sausages hot with the tomato sauce, mashed potatoes and your favourite vegetables.
Tip: **This recipe is suitable for freezing**
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group