This clever twist on the Welsh vegetarian dish shows that sausages don’t need to be meaty to be magnificent! These flavoursome bangers come with a rich tomato sauce and are a treat with creamy mash.
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Large handful of roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 4 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- A splash of Tabasco sauce
- Low calorie cooking spray
For the sauce
- 250g passata with herbs
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- First make the sauce. Put the passata in a small saucepan with the balsamic vinegar and sweetener and season well. Bring to the boil then turn the heat to low, cover and simmer very gently for 4-5 minutes, stirring often. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, pop the beans into a food processor with the onion, parsley, carrots, mixed herbs and Tabasco sauce. Season to taste and pulse to combine. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl, cover and chill for 3-4 hours (this will help the sausages hold their shape when you cook them).
- Divide the bean mixture into 12 equal portions and form each one into a sausage. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Cook the sausages for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp, turning occasionally. (You might need to do this in batches.)
- Serve the sausages hot with the tomato sauce, mashed potatoes and your favourite vegetables.
Tip: **This recipe is suitable for freezing**
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.