A Carbonara-lovers dream - pasta with ham, mushrooms and peas in a richly flavoured sauce
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 350g closed-cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 400g dried farfalle pasta
- 150g frozen peas
- 150g fat free natural Greek yogurt
- 300g lean ham, visible fat removed, chopped
- 5g fresh parsley, chopped
- 5g fresh chives, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and fry for 10 minutes or until the water from the mushrooms has evaporated.
- Add the garlic, stock cubes, mustard powder and 300ml boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions, adding the frozen peas 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Drain the pasta and peas and return to the pan, reserving 4-5 tablespoons of the cooking water. Add the mushroom mixture to the pasta along with the yogurt, ham, herbs, stir well and add the reserved cooking water until the sauce is the thickness you want.
- Season to taste and serve hot.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group