These gorgeous, golden chunky chips are just made for sharing – dip in.
For the wedges
- 6 large Maris Piper or King Edward potatoes cut into thick wedges
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Sea salt
For the pesto style dip
- A large handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g quark
- 150g fat free natural fromage frais
- 15g parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 – 12 pink peppercorns crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the garlic and herb dip
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- A small handful each of fresh dill, chives and tarragon
- ¼ level tsp. English mustard powder
- 100g quark
- 100g fat free natural fromage frais
For the tomato and basil mayo
- 75ml passata with onions and garlic
- 100g fat free natural cottage cheese
- Large handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 level tbsp. sweet chilli sauce
- 2 level tbsp. extra light mayonnaise
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas 7. Cook the wedges in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain thoroughly then place back in the pan and cover with a lid to steam dry. Place the wedges in a single layer on a non-stick baking tray and spray with Frlight. Sprinkle over the Paprika and cook in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes, shaking the tray occasionally until well browned.
- Meanwhile make the pesto style dip by placing all the ingredients in a food processor. Blend until fairly smooth then season to taste. Transfer to a bowl and chill until ready to serve.
- To make the other dips, blend the ingredients and season as in step 2, then place in separate bowls and chill until needed.
- Remove the cooked wedges from the oven, and then transfer to a bowl, sprinkle with sea salt and serve with the dips.
Tip: Wedges FREE; Dips (based on Syns per serving, ie a quarter of the dip) pesto style dip 1 Syn; garlic and herb dip FREE; tomato and basil mayo 1 Syn.