Anne-Marie Williams from Wrexham, North Wales found a fantastic Free way of making houmous. 'Ready-made houmous contains tahini and oil, which means it has a Syn value,' Anne-Marie says. 'I’ve adapted the recipe to make a delicious Free version.'
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6 Spray a baking tray with low-calorie cooking spray, add the sliced red pepper and roast until softened. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Place the pepper and the remaining ingredients in a food processor with 20-50ml water and blend, adding more water if necessary, to create a smooth paste.
- Add salt to taste and serve with Speed Free Food crudités.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.