Anne-Marie Williams from Wrexham, North Wales found a fantastic Free way of making houmous. 'Ready-made houmous contains tahini and oil, which means it has a Syn value,' Anne-Marie says. 'I’ve adapted the recipe to make a delicious Free version.'
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6 Spray a baking tray with low-calorie cooking spray, add the sliced red pepper and roast until softened. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Place the pepper and the remaining ingredients in a food processor with 20-50ml water and blend, adding more water if necessary, to create a smooth paste.
- Add salt to taste and serve with Speed Free Food crudités.