A tender butterflied chicken breast topped with sliced red and yellow peppers, Chinese vegetables and a delicious, sticky sweet and sour sauce.
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 large bottled roasted red pepper in brine, drained and pureed
- 25g root ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1½ tbsp tomato purée
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce/tamari
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 3cm batons
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 225g can whole water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 225g can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- First butterfly the chicken breasts. Rest your hand on top of one breast and cut into the side, slicing almost all the way through. Open up the breast like a butterfly, cover with clingfilm and bash with a rolling pin to flatten. Repeat with the other three breasts.
- Heat a non-stick griddle pan over a medium-high heat, spray with low calorie cooking spray and cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes each side or until cooked through. Remove and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Fry the onion for 4-5 minutes, adding a little water if needed. Stir in the roasted pepper, ginger, garlic, tomato puree, soy sauce, vinegar and stock cube along with 450ml-500ml water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the carrot and cook for 5 minutes then add the remaining ingredients and cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Add the chicken and serve hot with rice or noodles and your favourite vegetables.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group