Spicy Indian curry sauce that's great with chicken, prawns or veg.
- 1 small bottled roasted red pepper in brine, drained
- 15g fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Schwartz hot curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ x 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 1½ tbsp tomato purée
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- ½ level tsp sweetener (optional)
- Put the red pepper, ginger, garlic and half the chopped onion in a food processor and whizz until puréed.
- Put the pepper purée in a medium-size saucepan and add the curry powder, garam masala, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, stock cube, the remaining onion and 300ml boiling water. Stir well and bring to a simmer over a high heat, then reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 30 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat, stir through the coriander and season to taste, adding the sweetener if you like. Stir in cooked chicken, prawns or vegetables and serve hot with rice.
Tip: You’ll find this sauce available as part of the Slimming World food range in Iceland stores.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.