A tasty recipe that’s pure Caribbean sunshine.
- 12 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Scotch Bonnet chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lime wedges, to serve
For the slaw:
- 200g roasted red peppers in brine from a jar, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 200g each mango and pineapple flesh, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 tsp jerk seasoning
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- A small handful of fresh fl at-leaf parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
- Put the chicken drumsticks, vinegar, jerk seasoning, tomato purée, garlic, chilli and soy sauce in a food bag, season, seal and shake to mix well. Marinate in the fridge for 3-4 hours, or overnight if you can.
- Preheat your grill to medium hot. Line the grill rack with kitchen foil and lay the chicken on the rack in a single layer. Grill for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until cooked through, brushing with any remaining marinade after the first 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the slaw, put the roasted red peppers, carrot, red onion, mango and pineapple in a bowl. Add the jerk seasoning and lime zest and juice, season and toss well to combine.
- Divide the slaw between plates and garnish with parsley. Top with the chicken and serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.