Filling lentils are at the heart of this colourful curry flavoured with mild spices, garlic and ginger.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp tandoori curry powder
- ½ x 400g can green lentils, drained and rinsed
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100ml boiling vegetable stock
- 100g peeled raw king or tiger prawns
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Spray a non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the shallot and yellow pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes or until beginning to soften, stirring occasionally. Stir in the garlic, ginger and tandoori curry powder and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes and stock, bring to the boil over a high heat then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Stir in the prawns and scatter over the spinach, then cover and cook for 3 minutes, or until the prawns are pink and the spinach has wilted.
- Season to taste and stir well, then scatter over the coriander sprigs and serve hot with lemon wedges.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.