Filling lentils are at the heart of this colourful curry flavoured with mild spices, garlic and ginger.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp tandoori curry powder
- ½ x 400g can green lentils, drained and rinsed
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100ml boiling vegetable stock
- 100g peeled raw king or tiger prawns
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Spray a non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the shallot and yellow pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes or until beginning to soften, stirring occasionally. Stir in the garlic, ginger and tandoori curry powder and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes and stock, bring to the boil over a high heat then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Stir in the prawns and scatter over the spinach, then cover and cook for 3 minutes, or until the prawns are pink and the spinach has wilted.
- Season to taste and stir well, then scatter over the coriander sprigs and serve hot with lemon wedges.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.