The ultimate comfort food, this fish pie has a carrot and swede mash topping and is super easy as there's no separate sauce to make.
- 400g carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 300g swede, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 tbsp fat free natural yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
for the pie
- 300g fat free natural yogurt
- 150g quark
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 200g skinless cod fillets, cooked and cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 200g skinless smoked haddock fillets, cooked and flaked
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 200g cooked and peeled prawns
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Start by making the topping. Put the carrots and swede into a large pan of lightly salted boiling water and cook for 25-30 minutes, until tender. Drain, return to the pan and mash. Allow to cool, stir in the beaten egg and yogurt, season and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°Fan/Gas 6.
- Place the yogurt, quark, dill and parsley in a saucepan and warm gently. Add the cod and haddock and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place the quark and fish mixture in a large mixing bowl with the hard boiled eggs, prawns and lemon juice, season and mix well. Transfer this mixture to a deep, ovenproof dish. Spoon the topping over the surface, then ruffle with a fork. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the topping is lightly browned.
Tip: The pie is delicious served with asparagus and broccoli.
You can change the fish to suit your taste - salmon is particularly tasty.
Video: Luxury all-in-one fish pie
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.