Video: Luxury all-in-one fish pie
The ultimate comfort food, this fish pie has a carrot and swede mash topping and is super easy as there's no separate sauce to make.
- 400g carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 300g swede, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 tbsp fat free natural yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
for the pie
- 300g fat free natural yogurt
- 150g quark
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 200g skinless cod fillets, cooked and cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 200g skinless smoked haddock fillets, cooked and flaked
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 200g cooked and peeled prawns
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Start by making the topping. Put the carrots and swede into a large pan of lightly salted boiling water and cook for 25-30 minutes, until tender. Drain, return to the pan and mash. Allow to cool, stir in the beaten egg and yogurt, season and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°Fan/Gas 6.
- Place the yogurt, quark, dill and parsley in a saucepan and warm gently. Add the cod and haddock and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place the quark and fish mixture in a large mixing bowl with the hard boiled eggs, prawns and lemon juice, season and mix well. Transfer this mixture to a deep, ovenproof dish. Spoon the topping over the surface, then ruffle with a fork. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the topping is lightly browned.
Tip: The pie is delicious served with asparagus and broccoli.
You can change the fish to suit your taste - salmon is particularly tasty.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.