By making a few simple changes you can still indulge in your favourite creamy pasta dishes like macaroni cheese.
- 300g dried macaroni
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper in brine from a jar, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, coarsely grated
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 200g low-fat natural cottage cheese
- 1 tsp English mustard powder mixed with 1 tsp water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 160g reduced-fat vegetarian cheddar, coarsely grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A salad of mixed leaves and thinly sliced yellow peppers, to serve
- Preheat your over to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Cook the macaroni according to the packet instructions, then drain well and tip into a wide mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, place a large frying pan sprayed with low cooking spray over a high heat. Add the onion, garlic, red pepper and courgette, and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes. Add to the macaroni.
- Put the stock, tomato purée, cottage cheese, mustard and eggs in a jug and whisk until smooth. Pour this over the macaroni mixture, then stir in three-quarters of the Cheddar. Season and toss well.
- Transfer to a shallow, ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over the remaining Cheddar and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until bubbling and golden. Allow to rest for 5 minutes, then serve with the salad.
Tip: Any combination of vegetables works well - experiment with your favourites.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.