These hearty prawn kebabs are a mouthwatering addition to any al fresco dining.
- 150g fat-free natural yogurt
- 2 level tbsp curry powder (heat level to your taste)
- 500g raw peeled king or tiger prawns, thawed if frozen
- low-calorie cooking spray
- roughly chopped fresh coriander, to serve
For the pickled cucumber
- 1 cucumber, peeled and shaved into ribbons with a peeler
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 level tbsp sweetener
- 7.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- Put the yogurt and curry powder in a large bowl and mix well. Stir in the prawns, cover and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the pickle. Put the cucumber ribbons in a colander, sprinkle with the salt and mix well. Leave for 10 minutes then rinse with cold water, drain well and tip into a large bowl. Mix the vinegar, sweetener and ginger and pour over the cucumber. Mix well and grate over a little pepper, then cover and chill.
- Light the barbecue for direct medium heat.
- Brush the excess marinade off the prawns and push them on to 8 skewers. Spray with low-calorie cooking spray and barbecue over direct medium heat for about 5 minutes or until tender and cooked through, turning once. (Or cook under a high grill.)
- Scatter over the coriander and serve hot with the pickle cucumber.