These hearty prawn kebabs are a mouthwatering addition to any al fresco dining.
- 150g fat-free natural yogurt
- 2 level tbsp curry powder (heat level to your taste)
- 500g raw peeled king or tiger prawns, thawed if frozen
- low-calorie cooking spray
- roughly chopped fresh coriander, to serve
For the pickled cucumber
- 1 cucumber, peeled and shaved into ribbons with a peeler
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 level tbsp sweetener
- 7.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- Put the yogurt and curry powder in a large bowl and mix well. Stir in the prawns, cover and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the pickle. Put the cucumber ribbons in a colander, sprinkle with the salt and mix well. Leave for 10 minutes then rinse with cold water, drain well and tip into a large bowl. Mix the vinegar, sweetener and ginger and pour over the cucumber. Mix well and grate over a little pepper, then cover and chill.
- Light the barbecue for direct medium heat.
- Brush the excess marinade off the prawns and push them on to 8 skewers. Spray with low-calorie cooking spray and barbecue over direct medium heat for about 5 minutes or until tender and cooked through, turning once. (Or cook under a high grill.)
- Scatter over the coriander and serve hot with the pickle cucumber.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.