Gloriously colourful, fabulously filling and so easy to make! Capture the charm of the Mediterranean with this perfect pasta bake.
- 225g dried pasta
- 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green pepper
- 2 courgettes
- 1 aubergine
- 2 red onions
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped basil, plus a few leaves to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 225g fresh or frozen spinach
- 275g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 25g finely grated vegetarian Parmesan style cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Cook the pasta in boiling water for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile prepare the vegetables: deseed the peppers and cut into chunks; slice the courgettes; roughly chop the aubergine and peel the red onions and cut into wedges. Place the vegetables in a roasting tin, spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes until softened.
- Transfer the vegetables to a bowl. Add the tomatoes, basil and seasoning to taste. Place in an oven-proof dish and arrange the spinach over the top.
- Toss the pasta with the fromage frais and arrange over the top of the spinch. Sprinkle with the parmesan and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbling. Divide the pasta bake between 4 serving plates and serve with a crisp green salad.
Tip: This dish works well with any combination of vegetables. Why not try using mushrooms, baby sweetcorn, sliced carrots and spring onions for a change - this will not affect the Syns.
Once layered, this dish can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Video: Mediterranean pasta bake
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.