Video: Mediterranean pasta bake
- 225g dried pasta
- 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green pepper
- 2 courgettes
- 1 aubergine
- 2 red onions
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped basil, plus a few leaves to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 225g fresh or frozen spinach
- 275g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 25g finely grated vegetarian Parmesan style cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Cook the pasta in boiling water for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile prepare the vegetables: deseed the peppers and cut into chunks; slice the courgettes; roughly chop the aubergine and peel the red onions and cut into wedges. Place the vegetables in a roasting tin, spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes until softened.
- Transfer the vegetables to a bowl. Add the tomatoes, basil and seasoning to taste. Place in an oven-proof dish and arrange the spinach over the top.
- Toss the pasta with the fromage frais and arrange over the top of the spinch. Sprinkle with the parmesan and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbling. Divide the pasta bake between 4 serving plates and serve with a crisp green salad.
Tip: This dish works well with any combination of vegetables. Why not try using mushrooms, baby sweetcorn, sliced carrots and spring onions for a change - this will not affect the Syns.
Once layered, this dish can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.