Put the satisfaction back into your stir-fries with this delicious dish that’s Syn free and packed with flavour.
- 2.5cm piece root ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 6 spring onions
- 4 rashers lean back bacon, visible fat removed
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 110g canned bamboo shoots
- 1 small cabbage and 1 carrot
- 110g mangetout
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 60g beansprouts
- 3 tbsp soy sauce/tamari
- 450g cooked peeled prawns
- Salt and pepper
- Finely slice the ginger; crush the garlic; chop the spring onions; cut the bacon and chicken into strips; drain the bamboo shoots; chop the cabbage; slice the carrot and halve the mangetout.
- Heat a wok sprayed with low-calorie cooking spray and fry the ginger, garlic and spring onions for 1-2 minutes. Add the bacon and chicken and cook until the chicken is browned.
- Add the beansprouts, bamboo shoots, cabbage, carrots and mangetout and fry for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients and cook for a further 2-3 minutes before serving.
Tip: Most vegetables lend themselves to stir-fries. Try experimenting with your own Syn free favourites.