Seasoned beef quarter pounder burgers with red kidney beans, couscous, peppers, tomatoes, onions and chillies.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- ½ small green pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2½ tbsp dried couscous
- 60g canned kidney beans, drained
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ roasted red pepper in brine from a jar, drained
- 700g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ heaped tsp ground black pepper
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Fry the onion and pepper for 5 minutes to soften then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous in a small bowl and pour over 31/2 tbsp boiling water. Cover with cling film and leave for 5 minutes to absorb the water.
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Put all the remaining ingredients in a bowl, add the onion mixture and couscous and mix well using clean hands. Form the mixture into 8 equal-sized patties.
- Put the burgers on the wire rack of the grill pan and cook at the base of the grill for 20 minutes, turning halfway and reducing the heat if necessary.
- Serve hot with salad.
Tip: This dish is part of Slimming World's Food Range, available in Iceland stores.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.