Seasoned beef quarter pounder burgers with red kidney beans, couscous, peppers, tomatoes, onions and chillies.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- ½ small green pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2½ tbsp dried couscous
- 60g canned kidney beans, drained
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ roasted red pepper in brine from a jar, drained
- 700g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ heaped tsp ground black pepper
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Fry the onion and pepper for 5 minutes to soften then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous in a small bowl and pour over 31/2 tbsp boiling water. Cover with cling film and leave for 5 minutes to absorb the water.
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Put all the remaining ingredients in a bowl, add the onion mixture and couscous and mix well using clean hands. Form the mixture into 8 equal-sized patties.
- Put the burgers on the wire rack of the grill pan and cook at the base of the grill for 20 minutes, turning halfway and reducing the heat if necessary.
- Serve hot with salad.
Tip: This dish is part of Slimming World's Food Range, available in Iceland stores.