Enjoy all the fired-up flavour of a burrito minus the wrap!
- 250g dried long-grain rice
- Large handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 50g reduced-fat Cheddar, grated (optional)
- 200g fat-free natural fromage frais, to serve
- 2 limes, halved, to serve
For the chilli:
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 400g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp crushed dried chipotle chillies (dried ones are sold whole)
- 6 tbsp tomato purée
- 200ml beef stock
- 2 x 400g cans red kidney beans in chilli sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Mexican salad:
- ¼ white cabbage, thinly shredded
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Large handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped, reserving some to serve
- Juice of 2 limes
- To make the chilli, spray a large pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the mince and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes, or until browned. Take the pan off the heat and transfer the mince to a bowl with a slotted spoon. Reduce the heat to low.
- Wipe the pan clean with kitchen paper, spray with more low-calorie cooking spray and return to the heat. Add the onion and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until softened. Increase the heat to medium-high, and stir in the garlic, chillies, tomato purée, stock and kidney beans.
- Return the mince to the pan, stir and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until thickened. Season and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions, drain and stir in the chopped coriander. Mix all the salad ingredients together.
- Divide the rice, salad and chilli between bowls. Scatter the cheese (if using) over the chilli. Serve with the fromage frais, lime halves and coriander on the side.
Tip: Add 2 Syns per serving if using cheese.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.