Enjoy all the fired-up flavour of a burrito minus the wrap!
- 250g dried long-grain rice
- Large handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 50g reduced-fat Cheddar, grated (optional)
- 200g fat-free natural fromage frais, to serve
- 2 limes, halved, to serve
For the chilli:
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 400g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp crushed dried chipotle chillies (dried ones are sold whole)
- 6 tbsp tomato purée
- 200ml beef stock
- 2 x 400g cans red kidney beans in chilli sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Mexican salad:
- ¼ white cabbage, thinly shredded
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Large handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped, reserving some to serve
- Juice of 2 limes
- To make the chilli, spray a large pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the mince and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes, or until browned. Take the pan off the heat and transfer the mince to a bowl with a slotted spoon. Reduce the heat to low.
- Wipe the pan clean with kitchen paper, spray with more low-calorie cooking spray and return to the heat. Add the onion and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until softened. Increase the heat to medium-high, and stir in the garlic, chillies, tomato purée, stock and kidney beans.
- Return the mince to the pan, stir and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until thickened. Season and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions, drain and stir in the chopped coriander. Mix all the salad ingredients together.
- Divide the rice, salad and chilli between bowls. Scatter the cheese (if using) over the chilli. Serve with the fromage frais, lime halves and coriander on the side.
Tip: Add 2 Syns per serving if using cheese.