Simply stuff these peppers for a marvellous midweek meal.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 200g mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp passata
- 4 large coloured peppers
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
- Fry the onion and garlic and add the beef mince and brown well. Add the mushrooms, tomatoes, oregano, passata and season well. Simmer for 10-12 minutes or until well reduced.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Take the tops off the peppers and scoop out the seeds. Fill with the beef mixture, cover and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil for the last 10 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley
Tip: For an Extra Easy SP day fill at least half of your plate with delicious Speed vegetables or salad, of your choice.