Mini quiche muffins make a fab Free snack. They’re simple to create and taste delicious.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 300g fat-free cottage cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 small onion, finely diced (you can use red onion for extra colour)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 3 asparagus spears, roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Lightly spray 12 muffin cases with low-calorie cooking spray, or use silicon cases.
- In a bowl, mix the cottage cheese, eggs, onion and some seasoning with a fork until well combined.
- Divide the mixture between the cases and top with the tomatoes, mushrooms and asparagus. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
Tip: These mini quiches work well with all sorts of Free ingredients. Ham, bacon, sweetcorn, basil, rocket, peppers – the combinations are almost endless!