Whip up this family favourite ahead of time, then kick back and chill!
- 8 level tbsp sweetener
- 400g ready-made, low-fat custard
- 375g any no-sugar-added, fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1-2 tsp peppermint extract
- Few drops of green food colouring
- 2 medium egg whites*
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- Put the sweetener, custard, yogurt, peppermint extract and food colouring in a bowl and mix well. In a separate bowl, lightly beat the egg whites until frothy.
- Add the egg whites to the custard mixture and stir well. Pour into a shallow, freezerproof container, cover and put in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and blend in a food processor until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips, then return the ice cream to the container, cover and freeze for 1-2 hours, or until starting to set around the edges.
- Remove from the freezer and use a fork to beat and break up the ice crystals. Freeze for a further 3-4 hours, beating with a fork every 30-40 minutes, until firm enough to scoop.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer for 10-12 minutes before serving, and scoop into 6 bowls or small ice-cream pots.
Tip: *Current government guidelines advise that pregnant women, the elderly, babies and toddlers have eggs marked with the British Lion stamp if eating them raw or partially cooked.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.