Whip up this family favourite ahead of time, then kick back and chill!
- 8 tbsp artificial sweetener
- 400g ready-made, low-fat custard
- 3 x 125g pots Danone Activia 0% fat Vanilla yogurt
- 1-2 tsp peppermint extract
- A few drops of green food colouring
- 2 medium egg whites*
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- Put the sweetener, custard, yogurt, peppermint extract and food colouring in a bowl and mix well. In a separate bowl, lightly beat the egg whites until frothy.
- Add the egg whites to the custard mixture and stir well. Pour into a shallow, freezerproof container, cover and put in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and blend in a food processor until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips, then return the ice cream to the container, cover and freeze for 1-2 hours, or until starting to set around the edges.
- Remove from the freezer and use a fork to beat and break up the ice crystals. Freeze for a further 3-4 hours, beating with a fork every 30-40 minutes, until firm enough to scoop.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer for 10-12 minutes before serving, and scoop into 6 bowls or small ice-cream pots.
Tip: *Pregnant women, the elderly, babies and toddlers are advised to choose eggs showing the British Lion stamp if eating raw or partially cooked eggs.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group