Combining all the best ingredients of a traditional English breakfast in one pan, this hearty dish is great for entertaining and saves on the washing-up!
- 300g Desirée potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5cm cubes
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 100g lean bacon rashers, all visible fat removed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 4 Slimming World Syn-Free sausages from Iceland, each chopped into 3 pieces
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced into thick rings
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tbsp very finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g midi plum tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 25g reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling
water and cook for 10-12 minutes or until just tender. Drain well
and set aside.
- Meanwhile spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray
and place over a high heat. Add the bacon, sausages, onion rings
and mushrooms and stir-fry until lightly browned. NB: As the Slimming World sausages are frozen these should be pre-cooked.
- Add the potatoes to the mixture and stir to mix well.
- Whisk the eggs with the chopped parsley and season well. Pour this
over the potato mixture, scatter over the tomatoes and cook over a
gentle heat for 8-10 minutes or until the base is set.
- Sprinkle over the cheese and place under a preheated hot grill for
4-5 minutes or until lightly golden and set. Cut into thick wedges
Tip: For a vegetarian recipe, leave out the bacon and replace the sausages with four Cauldron Foods Vegetarian Cumberland Sausages – this would be 1½ Syns per serving
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group