Combining all the best ingredients of a traditional English breakfast in one pan, this hearty dish is great for entertaining and saves on the washing-up!
- 300g Desirée potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5cm cubes
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 100g lean bacon rashers, all visible fat removed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 4 Slimming World Syn-Free sausages from Iceland, each chopped into 3 pieces
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced into thick rings
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tbsp very finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g midi plum tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 25g reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling
water and cook for 10-12 minutes or until just tender. Drain well
and set aside.
- Meanwhile spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray
and place over a high heat. Add the bacon, sausages, onion rings
and mushrooms and stir-fry until lightly browned. NB: As the Slimming World sausages are frozen these should be pre-cooked.
- Add the potatoes to the mixture and stir to mix well.
- Whisk the eggs with the chopped parsley and season well. Pour this
over the potato mixture, scatter over the tomatoes and cook over a
gentle heat for 8-10 minutes or until the base is set.
- Sprinkle over the cheese and place under a preheated hot grill for
4-5 minutes or until lightly golden and set. Cut into thick wedges
Tip: For a vegetarian recipe, leave out the bacon and replace the sausages with four Cauldron Foods Vegetarian Cumberland Sausages – this would be 1½ Syns per serving
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.