There’s an authentic Italian flavour to this mouth-watering dish and shaping the balls with your hands is fun.
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp sweetener
- 400g passata with basil
- 150ml hot vegetable stock
- 2 medium courgettes, trimmed and cut into chunks
- 1 medium aubergine, trimmed and cut into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
- Put half the chopped onions in a bowl with the beef, oregano, garlic and some seasoning, then mix well and divide into 20 portions. Roll each portion into a ball and chill until ready to use.
- Mix together all the remaining ingredients in a large roasting tin and season well. Cover the dish with foil and bake in the oven for 50 minutes. Stir in the meatballs and bake for a further 40 minutes.
Tip: You could make the meatballs using extra-lean turkey mince instead of beef.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.