A hearty casserole using pork and leek sausages - delicious and Syn-free!
- low calorie cooking spray
- 2 large carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 leeks, thickly sliced
- 12 frozen Slimming World Syn-free Pork & Leek Sausages
- 250g butternut squash, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 400ml boiling beef stock
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 small Savoy cabbage, shredded
- Spray a large non-stick casserole pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Fry the carrots and leeks for 10 minutes until slightly caramelised, stirring occasionally. Remove from the pan then spray again with low calorie cooking spray and brown the sausages for 5 minutes, turning often.
- Meanwhile, place the squash in a microwaveable bowl and cover with cling film. Pierce the cling film with a fork and microwave for 5 minutes or until tender. Put the onion and garlic in a food processor, whizz to a purée, then add the squash and whizz again.
- Return the carrots and leeks to the sausages in the pan and add the squash purée, stock, tomato purée, oregano and fennel seeds. Season and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the cabbage, increase the heat to medium and cook for a further 10-15 minutes. Check the seasoning and serve with your favourite vegetables. Enjoy!
Tip: Syn free Pork and Leek sausages are available as part of the Slimming World food range available in Iceland.