These healthy and full-of-flavour burgers have a secret ingredient that really 'beefs' up the patties.
- 1 large red onion, peeled and halved
- 200g canned borlotti beans, drained
- 1 level tbsp tomato purée
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 275g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 large courgette, thinly sliced lengthways
- 250g large flat mushrooms, thickly sliced
- Roughly chop one half of the onion and place in a food processor with the borlotti beans, the tomato purée and seasoning and pulse to combine. Add the beef mince and pulse again.
- Tip the mixture out onto a clean work surface and then knead it together so that all the flavours are well combined. Shape the minced mixture into four burgers and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Preheat a large griddle or grill. Chop the remaining onion into wedges and place on the heat with the courgettes and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked. Transfer to a serving bowl and mix well.
- Barbecue the burgers for 7-8 minutes each side or until cooked through. Serve with the vegetables and tomato ketchup. (1 Syn per level tbsp)