These healthy and full-of-flavour burgers have a secret ingredient that really 'beefs' up the patties.
- 1 large red onion, peeled and halved
- 200g canned borlotti beans, drained
- 1 level tbsp tomato purée
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 275g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 large courgette, thinly sliced lengthways
- 250g large flat mushrooms, thickly sliced
- Roughly chop one half of the onion and place in a food processor with the borlotti beans, the tomato purée and seasoning and pulse to combine. Add the beef mince and pulse again.
- Tip the mixture out onto a clean work surface and then knead it together so that all the flavours are well combined. Shape the minced mixture into four burgers and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Preheat a large griddle or grill. Chop the remaining onion into wedges and place on the heat with the courgettes and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked. Transfer to a serving bowl and mix well.
- Barbecue the burgers for 7-8 minutes each side or until cooked through. Serve with the vegetables and tomato ketchup. (1 Syn per level tbsp)
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.