This low-Syn Greek-style favourite tastes every bit as good without meat.
- 1 large aubergine, cut into 1 cm thick slices
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 350g pack Quorn Mince
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 500g fat free natural yogurt
- Salt & ground black pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Place the aubergine slices onto a clean paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Leave for 20 minutes then rinse with cold water and dry.
- Meanwhile, dry fry the onion, garlic and Quorn Mince in a large heavy based saucepan. Add the tomato purée, canned tomatoes and parsley and simmer for approximately 30 minutes until tender. Transfer the mixture into an ovenproof dish.
- Beat the eggs and yogurt together in a bowl and season to taste.
- Place the aubergine slices on a grill pan and spray with low calorie cooking spray. Place under a preheated hot grill for 4-5 minutes each side. Arrange the aubergine on top of the Quorn mixture and pour the yogurt and egg mixture over. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4 for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.