This Asian favourite offers an all-round eating experience - fill up on fantastic fresh vegetables, savour the spicy broth and slurp up the noodles.
- 300g dried ramen noodles or for a gluten free option use thin rice noodles
- 1.2 litres vegetable stock
- 6 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 2cm piece of root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 carrot, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 200g baby sweetcorn, halved lengthways
- 200g mangetout, halved lengthways
- 2 x 225g cans bamboo shoots in water, drained
- 2 x 225g cans water chestnuts in water, drained and sliced
- 2 pak choi, roughly shredded
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce/tamari
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce/tamari
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions then drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, put the stock in a large saucepan and add the spring onions, garlic, chilli and ginger. Bring to the boil over a high heat then turn the heat to medium and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the carrot, sweetcorn, mangetout, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and pak choi and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Add the noodles to the pan, bring back to the boil and remove from the heat. Stir in the soy sauces and ladle into wide bowls. Scatter over the extra chilli and serve hot.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.