Bangers and beans combined with chunks of pumpkin and cooked slowly for an hour. The result – a heartwarming dish the whole family will love.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 8 Quorn low fat sausages, frozen
- 6 large shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 500g pumpkin flesh, cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained
- 300ml vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4.
- Spray a large casserole dish with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Stir-fry the sausages for 4-5 minutes or until golden-brown all over.
- Add the shallots, garlic, sage and pumpkin and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high and add the white wine vinegar, tomatoes, cannellini beans and stock and season to taste.
- Bring the mixture to the boil then transfer the casserole to the oven and cook for 1 hour, or until the sausages are cooked through and the pumpkin is tender. Serve sprinkled with flat-leaf parsley.
Tip: For a meaty version, swap the Quorn sausages for Slimming World Syn-free pork sausages from Iceland.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.