Italian ricotta cheese is light, creamy and tastes sensational paired with spinach and nutmeg on a pizza.
For the dough
- 125g strong bread flour
- 1 sachet instant active yeast
- 1 tsp salt
For the topping
- large handful of baby spinach leaves
- a little grated nutmeg
- 120g ricotta
- a pinch of dried red chilli flakes
For the sauce
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- small handful of finely chopped fresh basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the flour into a large bowl and stir in the yeast and salt. Make a well in the middle, pour in 75ml of warm water and mix with a wooden spoon until you have soft, fairly wet dough. Dust a surface very lightly with flour (1 level teaspoon is 1 Syn), turn out the dough and knead for 5 minutes until smooth. Cover with a tea towel until you're ready to roll. (You don't need to let the dough rise if you're making a thin crust.)
- On a very lightly floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll out the dough into your chosen shape of pizza.
- Slide your pizza base onto a preheated pizza stone or baking sheet (line the baking sheet with parchment before you add the pizza).
- Put the shallots, garlic, oregano, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and most of the basil into a saucepan. Cook over a medium-low heat for 20-25 minutes, until you have a thick , spreadable sauce. Season well, scatter over a little more chopped basil and spread over your pizza base.
- Scatter the spinach leaves over the pizza and grate a little nutmeg over them. Spoon a dollop of ricotta on top and sprinkle chilli flakes over the ricotta.
- Season well and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the base is golden.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.