Rich meaty flavours of beef and bacon make this pasta dish a smart meal for midweek.
- 450g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 4 rashers smoked back bacon, all visible fat removed, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- A large handful of fresh basil, finely chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 350g dried rigatoni pasta
- A watercress, rocket and spinach salad, to serve
- Place a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the beef and bacon and cook for 4-5 minutes, until the beef is browned all over. Add the garlic, leek, pepper and carrots and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the oregano, basil and chopped tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and then cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain well.
- Divide the pasta between four warmed bowls and spoon over the ragu. Serve immediately with the salad.
Tip: Make the sauce in advance and freeze, ideal for a quick meal.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.