These delicious bite-size falafels are the ultimate family-friendly finger food. Perfect for packed lunches or picnics.
- 2 slices wholemeal bread from a small 400g loaf, roughly torn
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 100g roasted red peppers in brine from a jar, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 25g fresh chives, finely chopped
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Place the bread in a food processor and blitz until you have fine crumbs. Add the chickpeas, roasted red pepper, cumin, egg, coriander, chilli and chives to the breadcrumbs and blend again until fairly smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl and season lightly.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat.
- Using a tablespoon, divide the mixture into 24 equal portions and, using your fingers, smooth into patties. Working in batches, place in the pan (spacing them apart) and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Eat warm, or allow to cool (they will firm up as they cool) then pack into an airtight container to take to your picnic.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.