Colourful, tasty and packed with super-filling rice and beans. Find out how to make this meal with our simple how-to video.
- 2 large red peppers, halved lengthways and deseeded
- 2 large yellow peppers, halved lengthways and deseeded
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 bunch of spring onions, sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 200g long grain rice
- 400ml boiling vegetable stock
- 400g tin butter beans, drained
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/gas 7. Season inside each pepper half, then place cut side down on a non-stick baking tray and roast for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the spring onions, garlic and chilli and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Stir in the herbs, tomato purée and rice.
- Pour in the stock, stir and bring the mixture to the boil. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the rice is tender and most of the stock has been absorbed. Stir in the butter beans and season to taste.
- Remove the pepper halves from the oven (leaving the oven on). Turn them over and spoon in the rice mixture until each pepper is completely filled and has a nicely rounded top.
- Return the peppers to the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned. Scatter over the chopped parsley and serve hot, with salad leaves.
Video: Roasted stuffed peppers
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.