Video: Roasted stuffed peppers
Colourful, tasty and packed with super-filling rice and beans. Find out how to make this meal with our simple how-to video.
- 2 large red peppers, halved lengthways and deseeded
- 2 large yellow peppers, halved lengthways and deseeded
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 bunch of spring onions, sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 200g long grain rice
- 400ml boiling vegetable stock
- 400g tin butter beans, drained
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/gas 7. Season inside each pepper half, then place cut side down on a non-stick baking tray and roast for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the spring onions, garlic and chilli and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Stir in the herbs, tomato purée and rice.
- Pour in the stock, stir and bring the mixture to the boil. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the rice is tender and most of the stock has been absorbed. Stir in the butter beans and season to taste.
- Remove the pepper halves from the oven (leaving the oven on). Turn them over and spoon in the rice mixture until each pepper is completely filled and has a nicely rounded top.
- Return the peppers to the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned. Scatter over the chopped parsley and serve hot, with salad leaves.