Last-minute guests? Our simple supper oozes casual sophistication.
- 6 large red romano peppers, halved lengthways and deseeded
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 300g button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 200g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- A small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 100g passata with onions and garlic
- 120g vegetarian Cheddar cheese, grated
- A mixed green leaf and tomato salad dressed with lemon juice, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Lay the peppers cut-side up in 2 baking dishes and bake for 8 minutes, or until softened but not coloured.
- Meanwhile, place a skillet sprayed with low-calorie cooking spray over a medium heat. Stir-fry the spring onions, garlic and mushrooms for 4-5 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes, parsley and passata and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Fill the peppers with the tomato mixture and sprinkle over the cheese. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes, or until golden and bubbling. Serve immediately with salad on the side.
Tip: Give it a twist. Add 1 tsp of dried red chilli flakes with the spring onions and 1 tbsp capers with the passata in step 2.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group