A delicious medley of noodles, tender seared chicken, juicy king prawns and vegetables in a spicy oriental style curry sauce.
- 250g dried medium egg noodles
- low calorie cooking spray
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 150g peeled raw king or tiger prawns
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and cut into strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 8 spring onions, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 100g frozen peas
- Half a red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped, plus sliced chilli to serve
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 20g root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- Cook the noodles according to the pack instructions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick wok over a high heat. When hot, spray with low calorie cooking spray and add the chicken. Stir-fry for 1 minute then add the prawns and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes. Remove the chicken and prawns from the pan and set aside.
- Spray the wok with more low calorie cooking spray. Add the carrot, peppers, onions, spring onions and peas and stir-fry for 3 minutes, adding the chilli, garlic and ginger for the last minute.
- Add the curry powder and stir-fry for 30 seconds before adding 200ml of water, the stock cube and the soy sauce. Cook for 3 minutes, returning the chicken and prawns to the wok 1 minute before the end.
- When everything is piping hot and the chicken is cooked through, toss through the cooked noodles and serve hot, with sliced chilli on the side.