A Free® feast of layered pasta, tomato sauce and roasted vegetables with a white sauce topping.
- low calorie cooking spray
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 150g closed-cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 beef stock cube, crumbled
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 heaped tsp dried oregano
- small pack fresh basil, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12-14 dried lasagne sheets, briefly dipped in cold water
for the sauce
- 200g peeled and deseeded butternut squash, roughly chopped
- 200g peeled floury potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 120g plain quark
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- Spray a deep non-stick frying pan with a little low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Fry the mince for 8-10 minutes or until browned then drain off any fat and transfer to a plate. Keep warm.
- Spray the pan with a little more low calorie cooking spray and fry the onion, carrot, celery and mushrooms for 10 minutes, adding a little water if they start to stick. Return the mince to the pan and add the garlic, chopped tomatoes, stock cube, tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce, oregano and basil plus 500ml water. Bring to a gentle boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Put the squash, potatoes, stock cube and 450ml water in a medium saucepan over a high heat. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat and, without draining, add the remaining sauce ingredients. Whizz until smooth with a stick blender and season to taste.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6 and spray a 30cm x 20cm ovenproof dish with a little low calorie cooking spray.
- Spoon one-third of the mince into the bottom of the dish and cover with lasagne sheets. Repeat these layers twice more, finishing with a layer of lasagne sheets that covers the mince completely. Pour over the sauce, pushing the sheets into the sauce a little, and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the lasagne is cooked through. Serve hot with salad. Enjoy!
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.