You'd better believe it - you can even enjoy unlimited chips, provided you follow our low fat way of cooking these family favourites.
- 6 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into thick chips
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Sea salt
For the ketchup
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp each of celery salt, mustard powder and ground white pepper
- 3 tbsp sweetener
- 250ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Put the ketchup ingredients in a pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, boil the chips for 4-5 minutes. Drain well, return to the pan and cover. Leave to cool slightly, then shake the pan to roughen their edges. Line a baking tray with baking paper and put the chips on top in a single layer. Spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Take the ketchup off the heat, season with sea salt and leave to cool. Blend in a food processor until smooth, then pour through a sieve into a bowl.
- Season the chips with sea salt and serve with the ketchup (leftover ketchup will keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks in a sterilised, airtight jar).
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.