You'd better believe it - you can even enjoy unlimited chips, provided you follow our low fat way of cooking these family favourites.
- 6 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into thick chips
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Sea salt
For the ketchup
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp each of celery salt, mustard powder and ground white pepper
- 3 tbsp sweetener
- 250ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Put the ketchup ingredients in a pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, boil the chips for 4-5 minutes. Drain well, return to the pan and cover. Leave to cool slightly, then shake the pan to roughen their edges. Line a baking tray with baking paper and put the chips on top in a single layer. Spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Take the ketchup off the heat, season with sea salt and leave to cool. Blend in a food processor until smooth, then pour through a sieve into a bowl.
- Season the chips with sea salt and serve with the ketchup (leftover ketchup will keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks in a sterilised, airtight jar).