A comforting Free classic, packed with juicy king prawns, smoked haddock and salmon topped with a sweet potato mash.
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 100g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 100g cauliflower florets
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 150g broccoli florets
- 250g skinless and boneless smoked haddock, cut into small chunks
- 200g skinless and boneless salmon fillet, cut into small chunks
- 200g raw peeled king prawns
- 60g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp capers, drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- lemon juice, to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the mash
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 150g cauliflower florets
- 300g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 100g plain quark
- freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- Put the onion, squash, cauliflower, celery and garlic in a medium saucepan and add the fish sauce, mustard powder and 400ml water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat and whizz until smooth with a stick blender.
- Return to a gentle simmer, add the broccoli and cook for 5 minutes. Add the fish, prawns, peas, capers and parsley and simmer gently for 8-10 minutes or until the fish is just cooked. Gently stir through lemon juice and seasoning to taste.
- Meanwhile, make the mash. Put the sweet potatoes, cauliflower, potatoes and garlic in a saucepan of boiling water over a high heat. Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well and mash. Stir through the quark and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Put the fish and sauce into an ovenproof dish, top with the mash and cook under a medium-high grill for 10 minutes. Serve hot with vegetables. Enjoy!
Tip: You'll find this meal as part of our Slimming World range, available in Iceland stores.