If you love the chunky tomato sauce from Slimming World’s food range, you can make it at home – delicious with meat, fish or your favourite veggies.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 10g fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sweetener (optional)
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 10 minutes, adding a little water if it starts to stick.
- Stir in the garlic, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and 100ml water, and simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir through the basil and season to taste, adding a little sweetener if you like.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.