If you love the chunky tomato sauce from Slimming World’s food range, you can make it at home – delicious with meat, fish or your favourite veggies.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 10g fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sweetener (optional)
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 10 minutes, adding a little water if it starts to stick.
- Stir in the garlic, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and 100ml water, and simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir through the basil and season to taste, adding a little sweetener if you like.