This Syn-free gravy is available as part of Slimming World's food range in Iceland stores.
- low calorie cooking spray
- 2 medium onions, 1 sliced and 1 roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 beef stock cube, crumbled
- 1/2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp Marmite
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tsp sweetener (optional)
- Spray a non-stick saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the sliced onion and fry for 10 minutes or until slightly caramelised, adding a little water if it starts to stick.
- Meanwhile, put the roughly chopped onion and garlic in a food processor with 2 tablespoons of water and whizz until puréed.
- Add the puréed onion and garlic to the sliced onions in the pan along with the stock cube, tomato purée, thyme, Marmite and 250ml water. Turn the heat to high and bring to the boil then turn the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Season to taste with pepper and stir in the sweetener, if using. Enjoy!