This Syn-free gravy is available as part of Slimming World's food range in Iceland stores.
- low calorie cooking spray
- 2 medium onions, 1 sliced and 1 roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 beef stock cube, crumbled
- 1/2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp Marmite
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tsp sweetener (optional)
- Spray a non-stick saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the sliced onion and fry for 10 minutes or until slightly caramelised, adding a little water if it starts to stick.
- Meanwhile, put the roughly chopped onion and garlic in a food processor with 2 tablespoons of water and whizz until puréed.
- Add the puréed onion and garlic to the sliced onions in the pan along with the stock cube, tomato purée, thyme, Marmite and 250ml water. Turn the heat to high and bring to the boil then turn the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Season to taste with pepper and stir in the sweetener, if using. Enjoy!
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.